I haven’t had a soda in ages but growing up I had a soda or some form of sugary drink daily. I hardly had water unless it was after gym or some practice time. While water is vital, especially the kind you are drinking, I often get bored and need a little bit of bubbly especially since I still have a weakness for Dublin Dr. Pepper and an AW cream soda. After learning what soda does to your body (and eventually hair!) I kicked the soda habit and found great healthier alternatives. Here are a few healthy beverages that will keep your hair and body hydrated but without all the sugar and calories.
However, a recent report published by the CDC suggests that not everyone is successful—30 percent of Americans are drinking at least one beverage sweetened with added sugar every day, and only 26 percent of Americans are avoiding sweetened beverages entirely. Whether you’ve already sworn off soda or are looking to switch up your beverage lineup, here are some fun and tasty soda swaps sure to satisfy without any added sugar.
Healthier Alternatives to Sodas
Hydrating beverages that will nourish your body and hair
- Synergy organic raw kombucha: Kombucha is produced by fermenting tea using a “symbiotic ‘colony’ of bacteria and yeast” which populates your gut with with those healthy bacteria that tend to get killed by various other bacteria and the administration of anti-biotics
- Healthy-ade Health Ade is another great kombucha but full of flavor and carbonation.
- Lacroix: If you are following me on Instagram, you know I have an obsession with Lacroix. It’s sparkling water with a hint of flavor. Under normal circumstance, I turn away from the “natural” flavors but Lacroix, uses flavors that are derived from the natural essence oils extracted from the named fruit used in each of the LaCroix flavors. There are no sugars or artificial ingredients contained in, nor added to, these extracted flavors.
- Steaz: One of my favorite canned iced to have, while on the go.
- Tevanna Tea: I am a huge tea fan and the Jade Citrus mint tea is great hot or cold
- Yerba Mate: Yerba Mate is known to have be a triple threat drink. It has the “strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate” all in one beverage.
- Coconut Juice: Coconut juice and water is a great alternative to keep both your hair and body hydrated
- Bragg’s organic apple cider vinegar